Cracked windshields pose a serious threat to the driver and those inside the vehicle. It can not only blur your vision but also be the reason for major accidents on the road. A ding which occurred in spring is most likely to expand in winters, if left untreated.
The chances of incurring more damage are even higher especially during summers when the temperatures soar. Warmer weather means using the air conditioner; the sudden drop in the temperature causes stress on the windshield thus leading to cracks. The best way to avoid further damage and ensure safety is to contact professionals or pay a Swift, Brio or a Hyundai i20 front glass price for replacement. You can also consult an expert to identify if the cracked windshield can be repaired. Here is how you can keep your cracked windshield in check
- Regular inspection – Don’t ignore the chips and cracks around the edges as they are the most dangerous. Regular inspection is necessary to avoid long-term damage. Minor fractures can develop due to strong hail, rocks or other factors. Try to keep your vehicle safe from them and take out some time to check each and every corner of your windshield.
- Short term solutions – There are certain things you can do to keep your car in a drivable state. The first thing to keep in mind is not to use the air conditioner or defroster when you have a cracked windshield. Temperature changes can lead to an expansion or contraction of cracks. Another important thing to keep in mind is not to drive your car through a car wash until the crack is fixed.
- Avoid slamming the doors – Slamming the door can send vibrations to the windshield, which can be dangerous for the already damaged glass. Also, avoid driving out on hot sunny days until the crack is fixed.
- Use DIY auto glass repair kits – While performing DIY repair is not going to give you permanent results, it requires sound knowledge to carry out the procedure efficiently. Always perform the procedure in a closed garage at relatively low temperature. Make sure to clean the cracks by cleaning all the dust and debris before starting the process. Consult professionals for car windshield repair in Bangalore or any other cities.
- Visit a professional repair company – Visiting a professional repair company is essential when the crack is expanding. Following DIY tips is not recommended especially when the crack is significant in size. Lastly, make sure that the windshield is covered under your insurance policy.